We offer several tiers of support:
We invite schools to attend a half day Showcase, they will have to opportunity to observe exemplary teaching of a fidelity Systematic Synthetic Phonics scheme and teaching of reading from Nursery to Year 2. We will deliver the showcase remotely.
Tier 2 - 2-day Audit
Each school will have the opportunity to work with a Literacy Specialist to review and audit current practice if identified from the Showcase. The Literacy Specialist will work alongside teachers to develop a consistent whole school approach to deliver excellent early language and the teaching of Reading in Key Stage 1, we will match fund for resources up to £3000 if needs are identified within the Audit.
Tier 3 - Medium Level Support
We will deliver CPD sessions for the needs identified from the Audit for all teaching staff to attend.
Tier 4 - Partner School
If your school is chosen to be a Partner school, your school will to receive 9 days’ support from Specialist Literacy Leader, 6 days' support starting the next academic year and a further 3 days the following academic year.
Criteria:You must meet at least two of the following criteria:
- lower than average percentage of pupils meeting the expected standard in the PSC;
- low attainment in the bottom 20% of children;
- a higher than average proportion of children eligible for pupil premium;
- Ofsted judgement of Requires Improvement or Inadequate; and
- a high proportion of groups considered hard to reach such as boys; and, vi. schools referred by local partners (e.g. NLEs, LAs, Opportunity Area teams)
- If you meet our criteria please complete and return the Self referral form.